Poverty 101 by the Everett Gospel Mission is a foundation series of interactive exercises and conversational learning. You will be challenged by a growing self-awareness of how your life experience has fashioned both your understanding of poverty and those who are experiencing poverty.
By the end of this training participants will have:
- Explored what the bible says about poverty, how God defines poverty, and how we as his church are to engage with those experiencing poverty.
- Increased self-awareness of life history and how that impacts personal understanding of poverty.
- Begun to understand cross-cultural differences of social and economic class.
- Learned about communication and relationship differences and how some specific tools can help build healthy interactions between those experiencing poverty and those in the middle and upper class.
- Considered how economic, political, and social systems create barriers to change.
You will laugh, be moved, inspired, and perhaps confronted. What we are sure of is that each past participant tells us that you cannot partake of Poverty 101 and not be moved in some way.
Admission is free but LIMITED
Lunch is provided (please let us know of any special dietary needs when you register)