Institutional Line Cook (2 Years EXP Min)
Everett, WA 98201
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
The Everett Gospel Mission is positively impacting the future of homeless individuals every day by Feeding Hope Here in Snohomish County. We are looking for an experienced Institutional Cook to join our food services team.
This is a full time position with a minimum of 32 hours per week. Rotating weekends required. Morning and mid day shifts, but no nights past 7:00 PM
Responsibilities and Duties
- Using the menu as a guide and working with the Food Services Manger, utilize the donations received to produce meals for multiple sites.
- Ensures that all food is prepared to satisfaction of residents and in accordance with safe food handling practices. Maintains food temperatures and time controls during storage, production, and serving according to required food safety standards.
- Maintain a clean kitchen. This includes all equipment, walls, dry storage, cold storage cooking, and preparation surfaces and dish storage areas.
- Communicate kitchen needs to the pantry.
- Oversee resident and volunteer workers in the food services areas.
- Help write prep lists and make sure the work is finished to standard.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience in an institutional setting preparing meals from scratch for 200+ persons.
- Ability to lift and carry 40-50 pounds as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- 2 + years in a Institutional kitchen food production role.
- Ability to work alongside Mission staff, program clients, students and volunteers is required.
- Comfortable working in a Christian Environment.
- Experience working with at-risk populations is a plus.
- Flexibility working in a non-industry standard environment based on donations and nonstandard supply chains.
- Fully paid medical and dental insurance for employee.
- Paid time off includes sick time and 2 weeks vacation that scales up over time of service.
- Disability and life insurance.
- 403(b) plan eligibility after 1 year of service that includes employer contribution and matching contribution.