Everett, WA 98201
Salary: $15.00 /hour
POSITION : Driver
REPORTS TO : Operations Manager
HOURS: Friday, Saturday, Sunday (15 to 20 hrs/week)
The Everett Gospel Mission is positively impacting the future of homeless individuals every day. We are looking for a part-time driver to join our efforts to FEED HOPE HERE in Snohomish County. This is a great working ministry opportunity to connect daily with those experiencing homelessness. We are looking for that person who loves to do relational ministry while they work.
EGM receives daily in-kind donations from local partners who are key supporters of our services to the poor and homeless in Snohomish County. The EGM driver is responsible for pickup of these items in a timely manner as well as ensuring healthy relationships with our partners. The EGM driver also supports our operations and program teams with transportation of items and guests as needed.
- Pick up donations from donors as scheduled by supervisor.
- Maintain relationships with donors and non-profit partners, through excellent customer service.
- Help maintain the cleanliness and organization of the pantry and storage areas.
- Responsible for dump runs and recycling deliveries as directed by supervisor.
- Help load and unload vehicles.
- Deliver furniture/inventory to EGM sites and residences as needed.
- Attend all mission/department meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Oversee regularly scheduled maintenance and cleanliness of mission vehicles.
- Coordinates volunteer drivers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regularly throughout each shift required.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Ability to work alongside mission staff, program clients/interns, donors and non-profit partners required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Comfortable working in a Christian work environment.
- Experience working with at-risk populations a plus.
TO APPLY submit the following via email: (only submission via email will be considered)
- a cover letter that includes an answer to what excites you about working in homeless recovery at the Everett Gospel Mission
- a resume with relevant experience and education
*All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory results of a drug screening and criminal history background check.