Case Manager Women and Children’s Shelter
Everett, WA 98203
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
Please review the whole description. Only those applicants that comply with the submission requirements will be considered.
The Everett Gospel Mission is positively impacting the future of persons experiencing homelessness every day. We are looking for a full-time Case Manager to provide ongoing support and expertise in a Christian environment to members of our transitional programs living at our women & family shelter.
A skilled case manager will be able to assess guest needs, assist in developing a comprehensive action plan that includes achievable implementation steps, and provide spiritual support which all lead toward recovery from homelessness.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate the integration of social services through case management with external service organizations.
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of local housing, legal, mental health and other agencies to assist the resident to remove barriers to stabilization.
- Mobilizes resources and connects with guest, as needed, to achieve outlined goals.
- Collaborates with the case management staff in the development and execution or organizational goals and guest action plans.
- Documents pertinent actions, conversations, and events on each guest’s record that facilitates progress toward goal attainment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of guest care policies and protocols to provide clear expectations of both staff and guests.
- Maintains healthy boundaries with guests and staff while serving high need individuals in crisis and poverty.
- Responsible for having an understanding and working knowledge of the NASW Standards for *Social Work Case Management. *
- Integrates current best practices in social work and rescue ministries into case management activities.
- Participates in general operations of EGM as a vital member of the team and attends organizational functions as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Enjoys a fluid and changing environment.
- Loves to learn.
- Has a positive and constructive sense of humor with the ability to laugh at herself/himself and the wisdom to use humor to ease the tension of rescue work.
- Is action oriented and energized by those things he/she sees as challenging.
- Is warm, pleasant, and gracious.
- Fosters open dialogue.
- Sees failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Emotionally mature and resilient; capable of handling pressure.
- A strong sense of professional ethics and personal stewardship of EGM’s resources.
- Has worked effectively with multiple races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages, and genders.
Skills, Abilities, and Special Talents/Gifts
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated authentic team player who is flexible, proactive, and able to interact positively with all levels of our organization.
- Able to maintain high outputs without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
- Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities.
- An understanding of poverty and the challenges presented when integrating people from varied socio-economic cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field and
- 2 years experience as a Case Manager or related position
- A combination of experience and education that total’s 6 years will also be considered
Any of the Following are a Plus
- Licensed Social Worker
- Chemical Dependency Certificate
- Employment and/or Educational specialist
EGM offers a competitive compensation package for our area. Fully paid medical and dental insurance and optional vision insurance. Paid time off includes sick time and 2 weeks vacation that scales up over time of service. Disability and life insurance. 403(b) plan eligibility after 1 year of service that includes employer contribution and matching contribution.
To be considered you must submit the following:
- a cover letter that explains what excites you about working in homeless recovery at the Everett Gospel Mission
- a resume with relevant experience and education
*All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory results of a drug screening and criminal history background check.
Contact: Kristen DeCoteau
Phone 425-949-9039 | Fax 800-317-1378