EGM Donor Rights and Privacy Statement
The Everett Gospel Mission exists because of the generosity and support received by the mission from the community. To assure that this philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in EGM, we commit to provide the following to all donors of EGM:
- To be informed of the EGM’s mission, of the way EGM intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity to control what mailings and solicitations received from EGM and, should they desire, to have their names removed from all EGM mailing lists
- That their personal and financial information will be held is strict confidence and not be sold nor shared with any other parties.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The text of this statement was adapted for use by EGM. The original was developed by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Donor Privacy Statement
Everett Gospel Mission respects your privacy. If you ever have any concerns about our use of your information, please contact our Development Office immediately:
By Phone: 425-740-2500
By E-mail: FeedHopeHere@egmission.org
Attn. Development Office
Everett Gospel Mission
P.O. Box 423
Everett, WA 98201
Donor Contact Information
When you make a donation, request financial statements, newsletters or other publications, volunteer or serve meals at the shelter, or make any other donor-related inquiries about Everett Gospel Mission, you may be asked for your personal contact information, including your name, mailing address, phone number and/or e-mail address.
We will use this contact information to provide you with the resources that you have requested, to send you a receipt for your contribution, and/or to contact you to clarify or verify information related to your donations or service to our organization. We may also use your contact information in the future to send you news about the homeless, Everett Gospel Mission, our programs, goals and successes.
If you wish to be removed from any of our mailing lists at anytime, please contact our Development Office at the addresses above to make this request. For example, if you do not wish to be directly solicited in the future, but would like to continue to receive our newsletter and annual report, we will immediately make these changes within our database. You may also opt not to receive any mail from us in the future that is not directly related to your contribution.
Personal contact information is not rented or sold to any for profit or non-profit entities. EGM does secure the services of reputable mail houses to help us send out our mail. Before we share any information with such vendors for this purpose, each agency signs a contract to protect your privacy.
Donor Billing Information
In addition to personal contact information, donors often provide billing and credit card information when making donations to Everett Gospel Mission. When you mail a completed contribution form or reply envelope, or when you call to make your donation, your credit card transaction will be processed by the Development Team of Everett Gospel Mission. Credit card numbers and billing addresses are never shared internally with other departments, and are never shared with any other organization.
Other Contact Information
In some instances, we may collect contact information for people who are not currently donors or volunteers at Everett Gospel Mission. For example, donors sometimes provide us with contact information for people whom they wish us to notify of a donation made in their honor. Members of our Board of Directors, Board of Community Advisors, and special friends of Everett Gospel Mission often provide us with names of people whom they would like to receive more information about our organization. We may also, occasionally, choose to add prospective donors within our service area of Snohomish County to our mailing list.
If you are receiving mail from Everett Gospel Mission but do not wish to, please contact our Development Office to be removed from our mailing list.
How to View or Change Your Information
You can view and request changes to all of your information by contacting us through one of the following three ways:
1. Send a letter to:
Everett Gospel Mission
P.O. Box 423
Everett, WA 98201
2. E-mail us at FeedHopeHere@egmission.org
3. Call us at 425-740-2500