HEN Rental Assistance

Rental assistance is available for any person who is currently receiving Medical Care Services (MCS) through DSHS and is currently receiving NO cash assistance from any source, including TANF, SSI, SSD, ABD-X or Unemployment. Please note that DSHS must determine your basic eligibility for the HEN program before you are able to apply.

Funding is limited and there is no guarantee that you will receive assistance.  Snohomish County’s Human Services Department provides HEN rental assistance services. The program provides direct payment to landlords as long as an individual qualifies for HEN assistance. Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to find their housing.

To apply for rental assistance go to Snohomish County’s Human Services Department. Staff is available Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 11:30am and from 1:00pm to 4:30pm at:

3000 Rockefeller Ave.
Everett, WA 98201

You will need to bring the following documents to your appointment:

  • Picture ID
  • DSHS Award Letter

If you are homeless, you must provide a letter with contact information from someone stating you are homeless. If you are currently pay rent, you must provide:

  • Your rent agreement, or
  • Your eviction notice

Essential Needs